Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Popular Discussions

Type On Jailbroken iPhone Using Bluetooth Keyboard With BTstack Keyboard iPhone App

AndyAndy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
    imageType On Jailbroken iPhone Using Bluetooth Keyboard With BTstack Keyboard iPhone App

Is a physical keyboard something that the iPhone sorely misses? While personally I have never missed a physical keyboard since switching to the iPhone, it is apparently still a big deal to many people around; and there has been a lot of work being done to help iPhone users out...

Read the full story here

Comments

• yesyes Posts: 9
      via Wordpress
    • Nopstnz8Nopstnz8 Posts: 14
      via Wordpress

Awesome! Now we just need a BT stack so a mouse can be used.

• BobBob Posts: 183
      via Wordpress

I am using a Freedom Universal Keyboard. BTstack recognizes the keyboard, however when I click on it to choose the keyboard nothing happens. It should go to the next screen and pair but it does nothing. Anyone having the same problem or have a workaround? Thanks for a response.

• dustonduston Posts: 26
      via Wordpress

lol ugh doesnt work with my bluetooth keypad :( lol but it works with my dell keyboard

• yesyes Posts: 9
      via Wordpress

I am typing this right now with an Apple BT keyboard connected to my IPhone. Very happy with it. There are some things to get used to - auto capitilization is something I am going to miss on my Mac now!

• OiCOiC Posts: 10
      via Wordpress

Working great aside from one problem, anyone notice a problem with copy and paste though? Say if you copy one word and try to re-paste it several times while composing a text? It does't let me anymore. I've restored several times and have had this app as the only one installed after a jailbreak.

• ZaidZaid Posts: 3
      via Wordpress

i have an iphone 3g and it worked.

• TomTom Posts: 314
      via Wordpress

Uhm. Read the release notes. No copy/cut/paste support.

• WilliamWilliam Posts: 36
      via Wordpress

i just downloaded the app because i do have a freedom keyboard. it was seeing the keyboard but was not typing but after a software update from the maker of the software the keyboard works good so far so good. if you do a serious amount of emails this is a great app. being that the iphone is almost a computer replacement i feel that the iphone has reached a new level being that you are able to connect it to an external keyboard.

• WilliamWilliam Posts: 36
      via Wordpress

hey bob there is an upgrade for the software it should work i was haveing some issues too with my freedom keyboard. it works but it disconnects all the time i contacted the guy he is working on a fix he is really good with communcation he has been really helpful when you tell him about any issues.

• OiCOiC Posts: 10
      via Wordpress

The glitch is via the native keyboard. Not the Bluetooth keyboard. I've read the description.

• BobBob Posts: 183
      via Wordpress

Agreed! The developer has been extremely responsive and attentive to issues with the Freedom keyboard. I have really enjoyed working with him to resolve issues with this particular keyboard. The last update definitely got it working. I anticipate further updates and enhancements that will make this app even better. I think it's a great add-on to the iPhone and really like typing on an external when I have many emails to send for business and I am not near a computer. This app is really worth the $5! Lovin' it!

• AndyAndy Posts: 1,127
      via Wordpress

iOS 4 allows you to pair external keyboard via Bluetooth, you are better off using it.