Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Popular Discussions

Native iPhone App - Fring brings Real VOIP App to the iPhone

^_^^_^ Posts: 4,429
    via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
    imageNative iPhone App - Fring brings Real VOIP App to the iPhone

Fring, an Israeli startup that offers VOIP & Chat service for mobile phones has launched their native iPhone application that allows iPhone owners to make Skype and other VoIP calls over Wi-Fi. Today's release of Fring should make it one of the hottest native applications to be released for the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 736
      via Wordpress
    • DavidDavid Posts: 225
      via Wordpress

I downloaded it recently, and after a long Connection to Skype, I was able to get it to work.

I was able to place calls, and that call worked fine.

But I had someone call me, and I did not receive any notification that I was receiving a call, and I could not pick up the call.

So its not totally functional as of yet, but it is very promising.

• JulioJulio Posts: 6
      via Wordpress

Great app! MSN and GoogleTalk work perfectly to make and receive calls among its own contacts. Awsome!

• DucDuc Posts: 7
      via Wordpress

is skype still free?

• MartinMartin Posts: 53
      via Wordpress

I also installed "Fring" on my iphone and used it. The sound quality was not so great and I hear the interference from other people sometimes. Another thing is the headset. How come it doesn't work at all with the headset?
      Is that just me?

• eokeok Posts: 1
      via Wordpress

Fring is not the 1st who did this.

Real SIP is done by Touchmods since New-Year 08.
      The Application is free.

search youtube for videos "touchmods".
      or visit the website touchmods.net

• j2innetj2innet Posts: 2
      via Wordpress

this thread is interesting. i have called up local SIP provider, roughly SGD$25/month with free call up to 240mins/day (yes per day, just to prevent abuser)

does anyone using free SIP? any recommendation? i read some thread ppl is sharing mediaring service is actually SIP compatible, they even posted the mediaring's SIP setting... anyone could share more on these? please thank you.