Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Popular Discussions

Sticky situation with iPhone 4S running iOS 6.

I'm running into problems right now. I bought this Cydia tweak called Equalizer Everywhere on my iPad. This tweak is only compatible with iOS 7 and up. I want to update and re-jailbreak my iPhone 4S so I can install this tweak but there is no way to jailbreak iOS 9 as far as I know. If there was a way that I could install this tweak on iOS 6, I'd do it. Is there anyway I can update to iOS 7 or 8 on my jailbroken iPhone 4S currently running iOS 6? If not, is there a way to force Cydia to install this tweak? I tried changing the iOS version number but Cydia didn't fall for it. I will be saving a blob of my iOS 6 install just in case.

Comments

• GautamGautam Posts: 491
      There is no way to upgrade to iOS 7 or iOS 8 as Apple has stopped signing the firmware files, so you can only install iOS 9.0.2, which is the latest version currently. There may be a possibility of downgrading to iOS 8.3 if you have saved the SHSH blobs, but I wouldn't count on it.

You also can't jailbreak iOS 9.0.2.