Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Popular Discussions

    Midomi Allows you to Search Music Using your Voice by Singing or Humming

    ^_^^_^ Posts: 4,429
    via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
    imageMidomi Allows you to Search Music Using your Voice by Singing or Humming

    Have you heard a song on the radio that you liked and can't figure out the name of the song or artist? Last time we had posed this question, we had recommended that you can checkout Shazam, a song recognition application for the iPhone. But what if you had heard...

    Read the full story here

    Comments

    • se23se23 Posts: 19
      via Wordpress

      This humming thing never worked 4 me, even on up-to-date songs.Shazzam is still da one

    • ScyiikScyiik Posts: 2
      via Wordpress

      I still love Shazam.

      I never got Midomi to work for me with humming or anything--maybe I'm just not good at it? :P

      Anyways, Shazam has been right 99% of the time. Only time it's messed up is when I tried to record a song that wasn't well-known. And it just told me "no results." So I dunno if that should even count.

      I also don't like how Midomi gives you several options, because I get confused and lost. Doesn't help me much, unlike Shazam, which gives me one (almost always correct), result.

    • iphoneloveriphonelover Posts: 4
      via Wordpress

      I LOVE MIDOMI!!!

      Shazam gets boring after a few tries. I have been having tons of fun with midomi. It is the best app to show off your iphone to your friends.

      Midomi also provides artist photos and biography which shazam does not provide.

      So if I had to choose one, I would go with midomi.

    • Alfred RiversAlfred Rivers Posts: 1
      via Wordpress

      I am a convert. I used shazam for a while but since midomi was released I notice all the extras feature that shazam does not have and I wanted, midomi provided.

      I also noticed midomi is getting better and better everyday. Its accuracy is much better from when it was initially released when the iPhone came out.

      One big Hurray for midomi and sorry Shazam you are out of my iPhone.

    • RobRob Posts: 314
      via Wordpress

      midomi is terrible. I can never get it to work unless I hold it up to my radio.

      The problem with it is that it uses user's recordings to base it's results. Some of the users have horrible, horrible renditions of songs...probably why it's so hard to find music.

      Shazam works 99% of the time, the other 1% is when music is unidentifiable. Shazam looks cooler anyways.

      What good is having all the other options when they don't work? And for the biography and artist pictures? You have an iPhone. Use the Internet

    Sign In or Register to comment.